If you are looking for information climbing Rinjani, hiking in Lombok, tour guides, or Mount Rinjani trekking packages? You’ve come to the right place. We offer the best service at a reasonable price. Climbing to Rinjani mountain is not easy but you will get a wonderful and memorable experience if you book a tour package with us.
About Mount Rinjani Indonesia
Mount Rinjani is a mountain located in Mount Rinjani National Park on Lombok Island, West Nusa Tenggara. The mountain which is the second highest volcano in Indonesia with an altitude of 3,726 meters above sea level and is located at latitude 8º25′ South Latitude and 116º28′ East Longitude is a favorite mountain for Indonesian climbers and climbers from abroad because of the beautiful scenery. Wikipedia
Climbing to the top of Rinjani 3726 meters above sea level and Lake Segara Anak can start from Sembalun, Senaru or Torean villages. For climbers or adventurers who want to climb to the top of Rinjani first before going down to Lake Segara Anak or just climbing to the top, they can only go through the Sembalun trekking gate in East Lombok.
For adventurers who want to go to the lake before climbing the summit of Rinjani, the best alternative is to start the hiking trail from Senaru or Torean villages in northern Lombok.
Meanwhile, via the Tetebatu and Aik Berik hiking trails, you cannot climb to the top of Rinjani, only get to the edge of the crater of Mount Rinjani with a maximum altitude of 3200 meters above sea level and via the Timbanuh hiking trail in East Lombok, you can reach the second peak or the southern peak of Mount Rinjani with an altitude of 3500 meters above sea level.
Interested for climbing Rinjani? please continue reading the information in this website that you must understand before coming to the island of Lombok to climb Mount Rinjani.
Preparation for Rinjani Trekking Tour
To ensure that your plan to climb Mount Rinjani can run smoothly, safely and of course it’s fun, there are a number of important things that you should know correctly.
When is The Best Time to climbing mt Rinjani?
Mount Rinjani is open every year from early April to late December and climbing time is divided into three (3) seasons with plus and minus:
April – Mei (transition from rainy to summer)
- – The weather on Rinjani mountain from early April to the end of May is still bit rain and it usually rains during the day between 11.00 am to 3 pm and on some treks it becomes slippery like from post 2 to post 3 of the Senaru route and the path down to Segara Anak lake. Hiking in this season requires to bring extra equipment such as a raincoat, waterproof plastic to wrap clothes, food and equipment, so don’t get wet and use clothes that dry quickly.
- + The trees and grass in the Mt Rinjani area are still green, the hiking trails are not dusty, it is not hot all day long, many water locations are found along the hiking trails and there are not too many climbers.
Juni – September (Summer)
- – The weather is hot during the day and very cold at night, the hiking trails are dusty, there are only springs at (Post 2 Sembalun, near Lake Segara Anak and Post 3 Senaru) and climbers are very crowded so when climbing to the top you have to queue to get at the top of Rinjani Lombok Volcano.
- + It was sunny all day and clear views in all directions
Oktober – Desember (transition from summer to rainy season)
- – Early October the weather is still hot but it can rain at any time, so you have to prepare extra climbing equipment for the rainy season and at the end of November to December it rains a lot.
- + There are not too many climbers, the hiking trails are not dusty and the springs start a lot along the hiking trail.
Most Popular Hiking Mt Rinjani Packages
Determine the appropriate climbing program based on physical, mental abilities and the desired climbing target. Climbing Mount Rinjani does not require rock climbing skills or mountain climbing technical matters but prepared your fitness and we will do the rest for you.
Package Program For Beginner Hikers
For novice climbers and those who have short vacation time because it is enough with 3 days to climb Rinjani. Climbing packages Crater Rim Senaru, there are 2 options available: Private Package and Open Trip/Sharing Package with cheapest cost.
2 Days 1 Night Crater Rim Sembalun
The hike starts from Sembalun village 1150 masl to the Crater Rim Sembalun 2639 masl with an estimated journey of 7 hours, then spends the night in a tent, the next day after breakfast and enjoy the view from Basecamp then return to Sembalun for 5 hour trip.
Advand Mount Rinjani Tour Packages
The climbing to the top of Rinjani is suitable for climbers with a good level of fitness or have experience climbed mountains above 3,000 masl. Trek package to Crater Rim Sembalun,summit and lakes 3-days 2-nights, there are 2 options available: Private Packages and Open Trip / Sharing Packages at a lower cost.
2 Days 1 Night Summit Mount Rinjani
The hike starts from Sembalun village 1150 masl to Plawangan Sembalun 2639 masl with an estimated journey of 7 hours. Then spends the night in a tent, the next morning around 3.00 start climbing to the top of Rinjani, arriving at the top at sunrise. Then back down 1.5 hours to basecamp for rest and breakfast. After enough rest, the journey continues down to Sembalun for 5 hours.
3 Days 2 Nights Summit and Lake
The hike starts at Sembalun 1150 masl to the Crater Rim 2639 masl with an estimated journey of 7 hours. Then overnight in a tent, next day 3 am climbing to the top and arriving at sunrise. Take a break to enjoy the view then go back down to basecamp for rest and breakfast. Next down to the lake and Crater Rim Senaru sleep in a tent, on the third day down to Senaru.
Note: Other Mount Rinjani Trekking package please visit the link here
Let’s joint us now!
Climbing, hiking or trekking mount Rinjani maybe once in your life. Choose us the best tour operator, can make your adventure safely, comfortable, fun and memorable.